Phd Program by Volkswagen Foundation Germany 2021
Phd Program by Volkswagen Foundation Germany 2021 – All informations you must know.
Find out all the information about Phd Program by Volkswagen Foundation :
- The year of study?
- Who offers the scholarship?
- The target of the scholarship?
- The amount of the scholarship?
- And how to send your scholarship application?
Presentation of the scholarship : Phd Program by Volkswagen Foundation
A ‘Freigeist’ fellow: for the Volkswagen Foundation this means a young researcher with a strong personality, a creative mind, an ability to identify and use freedom, dedicated to overcoming resistance.
If necessary, he or she will be a free spirit, enjoying the unexpected, even unexpected difficulties.
A ‘Freigeist’ fellow opens up new horizons and combines critical analysis with imagination and innovative solutions.
By thinking ahead the ‘Freigeist’ fellow will act as a catalyst in overcoming existing disciplinary, institutional and even national boundaries.
The main focus is on junior researchers (up to 4 years of postdoctoral experience) working at the borders of neighbouring fields or disciplines.
The ‘Freigeist’ initiative offers freedom for creative thinking, whilst at the same time providing security for at least 5 years and in the long run the opportunity to establish a career within a scientific research organization or university in Germany.
Scholarship Information :
- Year : 2021-2022
- Country : Germany
- Organization : Volkswagen Foundation
- Name : Phd Program by Volkswagen Foundation
- Level : Phd
- Specialty : Mathematics Science
- Target : All Targets
- Number of scholarships : Not mentioned
- Amount : 60 000€
- Amount Information :
Up to 60 000€
- deadline : 1 April 2021
How to apply for the scholarship of the Volkswagen Foundation?
Applications have to be submitted in English, as the review panel is recruited internationally.
The Foundation processes the applications submitted in a multi-stage, interdisciplinary and comparative assessment procedure.
First, written reviews are obtained. Subsequently, a panel of experts considers the applications and selects the candidates who will be invited to present their plans to the reviewers.
The review panel is composed in such a way that it satisfies both the subject-specific requirements as well as the interdisciplinary character of the projects.
- the applicant’s personal qualifications
- the scientific quality and originality of the project
- accuracy of fit between the project proposal, applicant’s personal profile, and aims of the funding initiative
- a capability for independent research
- the potential for breakthroughs, new methodological approaches, interdisciplinary cooperation
- a constructive approach to possible risks
Anyone can apply who identifies with the goals of a ‘Freigeist’ Fellowship and whose proposed research project fits in with the aims pursued by the Freigeist initiative.
Candidates must, however, conform to the following conditions:
- Their doctorate must have been obtained not longer than four years but at least one year previously (with regard to the date of the defense relative to the deadline of the initiative).
- Please note: The deadlines 2020 and 2021 will be merged. The next date and only deadline in2021 is April 1st 2021, which has no effect on the eligibility of those who are eligible to apply by October 15th 2020.
- Please submit your application by April 1st 2021. The months added due to the deadline shift will not be added when calculating the 4-year period.
- Persons who obtained their doctorate (date of defense) less than one year ago as of April 1st 2021 are noteligible to apply.
- The Fellowship must be integrated within a university or an extra-mural research institution in Germany.
- Candidates must already have changed their academic environment and moved to a new location – at the latest when starting the Fellowship. A return to the working context of the doctorate will only be accepted under exceptional circumstances.
- A previously completed research sojourn abroad, at the latest integrated in the proposed research project.