The 8 steps of admission to Turkish universities
We are going to present you in this article the 8 steps to follow to proceed to an admission in the Turkish universities as a foreign student.
To go to study in Türkiye, you must first obtain an admission in one of the Turkish universities .
Indeed, you must consider that admissions to universities in Türkiye require several steps and conditions.
Moreover, there are general rules and overall registration deadlines to be respected.
However, you should note that each Turkish university has specifics and requirements to register and obtain university admission (a letter of acceptance).
Through the following, we will directly and indirectly answer the following questions:
- How to apply for admission to a Turkish university?
- How to get (or get) admission to a Turkish university?
- What are the admission requirements for a Turkish public university?
Therefore, you will find in this article the 8 steps to follow to be able to gain admission to a Turkish university (public or private).
The 8 Steps of Admission to Turkish Universities
Before you start, it is important to know that Turkish universities easily accept foreign students.
On the other hand, admissions to universities in Türkiye require following a well-defined process which we have divided into several steps to follow.
Here are the 8 steps to follow:
- Choose Turkish University.
- Choose your study program or specialty.
- How to apply for Turkish university admission.
- Apply for admission on the school’s website.
- Send the documents requested by the university.
- Take selection tests.
- Obtain admission into a Turkish university.
- Apply for a study permit/study visa.
NB: there are almost no differences between the formalities of university registrations in Türkiye .
Please find more details on each of these admissions steps later in this article.
1. Choose Turkish University
The first step to apply for and obtain admission to one of the Turkish universities is simply to choose the university in which you want to do your higher education.
Here are the articles that may interest you to choose a university in Türkiye:
2. Choose your study program or specialty
Each university in Türkiye has several dozen specialties.
Indeed, there are several study programs in all Turkish universities.
Here are some of the specialties in the universities of Türkiye:
- Law and legal sciences.
- Business, Management and MBA.
- Physical sciences and human sciences.
- Computer science.
- Engineering studies.
- All specialties are available.
So, you can visit the official website of the university of your choice and find the right faculty for you.
3. How to apply for Turkish University Admission.
After choosing your university in Türkiye and your major and study program, now is the time to apply for admission to universities in Türkiye.
Therefore, you must apply for admission to a university in Türkiye through the Turkish University Admissions Platform.
4. Apply for admission on the Turkish university website.
You must follow the following steps, the site or platform of the public or private university in Türkiye:
- Create your account.
- You must read and complete the forms carefully.
- You must complete all the fields requested when applying for admission.
- Send your admission request or pre-registration request.
- Pay the initial registration fee .
- Send the documents requested by the Turkish university.
You should note that the calendar and deadlines for registrations vary from one Turkish university to another.
5. Send the documents requested by the Turkish university.
To validate your request for pre-registration or pre-admission to the Turkish university of your choice, it will ask you for a list of documents to complete your file.
- A CV and a cover letter.
- Your diplomas and transcripts.
- A Turkish language level certificate (optional).
- A certificate of English language level (optional).
- A level and skill test like SAT (optional). (*)
- A level and skill test like YOS or OSYM (optional). (**)
- Payment of tuition fees from private turkish university . (***)
(*) SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) = School Assessment Test
(**) YOS or OSYM a proficiency test organized by each university in Türkiye.
(***) A small amount that varies between $0 and $200.
Other documents may be requested by the Turkish private university.
6. Take selection tests
All foreign students can go through the testing stage with Turkish universities.
Indeed, you will have video conference or live interviews with the administration of the Turkish university.
You must pass this step, a positive notification will be the subject of an acceptance letter by the Turkish university.
NB: Other level and/or skills tests may be carried out or requested by the Turkish university.
7. Get Admission in a Turkish University.
Here we are.
- You have selected Turkish universities.
- You have sent your applications to turkish universities.
- And, you were initially selected among the student candidates.
- In addition, you have successfully passed your interview with the Turkish university.
Hence, you are going to get admission into the Turkish University. (a letter of acceptance from the university).
Remember, to finalize your admission in the Turkish university, you have to pay the tuition fees of the Turkish university .
After paying tuition fees, it can be said that you have passed all the admission requirements for the Turkish university.
8. Apply for a study permit/study visa.
Applying for a study permit or study visa for Türkiye differs depending on your nationality.
Thus, you should contact the Turkish Embassy in your country for more information and the required documents.
This process can take up to 4 months.
Finally, after obtaining your study permit or study visa, you must register according to the procedures in force in your establishment.
We have seen together the steps to follow to apply for and have admission to one of the public or private Turkish universities for foreign students .
In conclusion, applications for admission to Turkish universities must be submitted at least 2 to 4 months before the start of classes.
On the other hand, you must always respect the calendars and dates of registrations in Türkiye .
Finally, we always advise you to contact the Turkish university of your choice directly for more information.
So, do not hesitate to contact universities for more information.