The 8 Steps of Admission to Canadian Universities in 2023
In this article, we are going to present to you the 8 steps to follow to proceed to admission to Canadian universities as a European or foreign student.
To study in Canada, you must first obtain admission to one of the Canadian universities.
Indeed, you must consider that admissions to universities in Canada require several steps and conditions.
In addition, you must respect the registration deadlines given by each university and consider the deadlines for obtaining a visa.
Through the following, we will directly and indirectly answer the following questions:
- How do I apply for admission to a Canadian university?
- How do I get (or get) admission to a Canadian university?
- What are the admission requirements for a Canadian public university?
As a result, you will find in this article the 8 steps to follow to obtain admission to a Canadian public university.
The 8 Steps to Admission to Canadian Universities in 2023
Before you start, it is important to know that Canadian universities easily accept international students.
On the other hand, admissions to universities in Canada require you to follow a well-defined process that we have divided into several steps to follow.
Here are the 8 steps to follow:
- Choose the Canadian university.
- Choose your study program or specialty.
- How to send an application for admission to the Canadian university.
- Apply for admission on the school’s website.
- Send the documents requested by the university.
- Take selection tests.
- Obtain admission to a Canadian university.
- Apply for a study permit.
Please find more details on each of these steps later in this article!
1. Choose the Canadian university
Universities in Canada are among the best universities in the world.
Indeed, Canada is one of the best countries, most welcoming of foreign students.
Thus, the first step to follow is to choose the university in which you want to do your higher education.
Here are the articles that may interest you in choosing a university in Canada:
- List of 89 public universities in Canada.
- The list of 18 universities in Quebec.
- The list of French-speaking universities in Canada.
- The Cheapest Public Universities in Canada.
2. Choose your study program or specialty
Each university in Canada has several dozen specialties.
Indeed, there are more than 15,000 study programs in all Canadian universities.
Here are some of the majors in universities in Canada:
- Law and legal sciences.
- Business, Management and MBA.
- Physical and life sciences and technologies.
- Social science.
- Mathematics, computer science and information sciences.
- Architecture and rural sciences.
- Veterinary Medicine.
- And, much more…
After choosing the university in Canada and the specialty of study you want to study, it is time to choose the faculty in which you wish to study.
For your information, here are some of the best faculties in Canada:
- The Best Medical Schools in Canada
- The Best Law Schools in Canada
- Best Computer Science Colleges in Canada
- The Best Psychology Colleges in Canada
Thus, you can visit the official website of the university of your choice and find the faculty that suits you!
3. How to send an application for admission to the Canadian university.
After choosing your university in Canada and your specialty and program of study, it is now time to apply for admission to universities in Canada.
In general, there are 3 ways to send an application for admission to a university in Canada:
- The site of the Canadian university.
- The platform dedicated to the Canadian universities.
- Canadian university email.
4. Apply for admission on the institution’s website.
For option a and b, you need to follow these steps:
- First create your account on the university website.
- Then you must submit your application for admission to the university in question.
- Then you have to follow the guidelines given by the university.
- Therefore, you must fill in all the fields requested when you apply for admission.
- And after, you must read and fill in the forms carefully.
- Finally, you must pay the file processing fee.
- Send the documents requested by the Canadian university.
For option c, you must send your application and the requested documents via your email.
You should note that the processing time for the file can take from 4 to 6 weeks.
5. Send the documents requested by the university.
After having made your application for registration in the Canadian university of your choice, it will ask you for a list of documents to complete your file.
In general, here are some documents requested by the Canadian university:
- Your diplomas, whether it is the Baccalaureate, the license or the Master’s.
- Transcripts of your diplomas.
- Your student resume.
- A cover letter.
- A letter of recommendation.
- Proof of your proficiency in French and/or English.
- And, other documents may be requested.
6. Take selection tests
All Canadian and international students must go through the testing stage with Canadian universities.
Indeed, you will have interviews by video conference or live with the administration of the Canadian university.
You must pass this step, a positive notification will be the subject of a letter of acceptance to a designated educational institution.
7. Obtain admission to a Canadian university.
Here we are.
- You have selected Canadian universities.
- You have sent your applications to Canadian universities.
- And, you were initially selected among the student candidates.
- In addition, you have successfully passed your interview with the Canadian university.
Hence, you are going to get admission into the Canadian university.
Remember, to finalize your admission into the Canadian university, you must pay the Canadian public university fee.
After the payment of tuition fees, it can be said that you have passed all the admission requirements for the Canadian university.
8. Apply for a study permit.
Applying for a study permit for Canada differs depending on your nationality.
Thus, you must contact the Canadian Embassy in your country for more information and the required documents.
This process can take up to 6 months.
Finally, after obtaining your study permit, you must register according to the procedures in force in your establishment.
We saw together the steps to follow to request and have an admission to one of the Canadian public universities.
In conclusion, applications for admission to Canadian universities must be submitted at least 6 to 12 months before the start of classes.
Of course, you must always respect the registration dates.
However, some universities in Canada allow international students to submit applications throughout the year.
We always advise you to contact the university of your choice directly for more information.